Summer may be coming to a close, but that doesn’t mean it’s time to pack it in just yet. We’ve been thinking about great ideas for fun things to do with your dog, inspired by the paw-some pet bloggers we talked to at Barkworld — and we bet a few will be completely new to you!
1. Go Geocaching – Like the thrill of a treasure hunt? Never lost a scavenger hunt? If you’re a real hide-and-seeker, you might already know about geocaching. But have you done it with your dog? Listen to Terrier Torrent‘s Beth talk about her adventures geocaching with her dog, Gizmo!
2. Find Inner Peace – Dog yoga is becoming more and more popular — that’s right, yoga classes with your dog! Doga involves placing your hands on your dog and making physical contact while doing the traditional breathing exercises and stretches. Some doga classes might call for dogs to learn simple doggie-person poses. Dogs up for this kind of activity love the attention.
3. Find or Make a Meetup Group – Blogger Jessica of You Did What With Your Weiner is also the founder of the Adventureweiner Club. Dachshund owners all over the Seattle area meet to socialize, get outdoors, and have a good time. What would you and your neighborhood dogs get up to?
4. Make Some Wall Art – The profile of a dog can be pretty majestic. Pure animal dignity, exuding the love they have for their photographer (you)! You may have snapshots around your home or in your wallet, but have you ever made your pup the star of a room? For a neat idea, check out Sugar the Golden Retriever in these lovely black-and-white wall art by her mom, Rosalyn.
5. Record a Song Together – Did you know that in 1980, three dogs performed alongside humans at Carnegie Hall in the debut performance of “Howl,” composed by Kirk Nurock? Nurock later composed two more musical pieces involving the voices—barks, yips, and howls—of dogs, including “Sonata for Piano and Dog,” which he performed on the David Letterman show in 1983.
What fun activities do you do with your dog?
Let us know in the comments below!