November 7, 2013 – Bailey’s Choice Dog Treats, LLC, is expanding their recall of several batches of chicken treats and chicken jerky because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
The new packages affected are the following five-ounce bags of chicken jerky:
- 100% Chicken Treat, Lot “Jun 2 2013″
- 100% Chicken Treat, Lot “Jun 3 2013″
- 100% Chicken Breast Treat, Lot “Jun 4 2013″
- 100% Chicken Treat, Lot “Jun 15 2013″
- 100% Chicken Treat, Lot “Jul 8 2013″
- 100% Chicken Treat, Lot “Jul 11 2013″
- 100% Teriyaki Chicken Treats, Lot 132881
The first packages recalled were:
- Chicken treats in various sizes marked with lot number #132881 and expiration date Feb. 2014
- Five-ounce bags of chicken jerky with a lot number of “Jun 5 2013”
PetCareRx does not currently sell these products.
Tested treats were found be contaminated with Salmonella.
Medium. So far there have been no reports of pet or human illness associated with these products. Salmonella can sicken animals eating the products and there’s risk to humans from handling contaminated products, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the products or any surfaces exposed to these products.
WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- Dispose of any unused portion of the product. Keep on the lookout for signs of Salmonella.
- For further information or to obtain a refund, contact Bailey’s Choice Dog Treats at 770-881-0526, firstname.lastname@example.org, or online at www.baileyschoicetreats.com .
Your dog may like one of these chicken-flavored dog treats:
- Natural Balance Belly Bites Semi-Moist Dog Treats
- Newman’s Own Organics Chicken Dog Treats
- Healthy Bones Oatmeal, Chicken & Pumpkin Small Breed Dog Treats
DON’T MISS ANY RECALLS
Subscribe to The Wet Nose Press and keep your pets protected by staying in the know!