Cancer is one of the leading causes of death in cats and dogs, which is why organizations like the National Canine Cancer Foundation have set aside the entire month of November to educate pet parents about the causes, effects, and treatments of this terrible disease.
Sobering Pet Cancer Statistics
- 12 million cats and dogs are diagnosed with cancer every year
- 1 out of every 4 dogs will be diagnosed with cancer
- 1 in 5 cats will get cancer
- Half of all dogs diagnosed will die from cancer
- Dogs are 2x more likely to develop leukemia than humans, 4x more likely to develop breast cancer, 8x more likely to develop bone cancer, and 35x more likely to develop skin cancer
Share the Infomeme
How You Can Help
Join us in our effort to raise $5,000 for the National Canine Cancer Foundation! For every Facebook page LIKE we receive, we’ll donate 50 cents to the foundation.
Plus, check back here all month for tips, facts, and personal stories of battling — and beating — pet cancer.
Subscribe to The Wet Nose Press to get the latest on health news, recalls of faulty or dangerous products and pet foods, and more!