February 5, 2014 – Pro-Pet LLC, St. Marys, Ohio, has initiated a voluntary recall of several lots of Dry Dog and Cat Foods for possible Salmonella contamination.
The following packages are being recalled:
PetCareRx does not currently sell these products.
A single field test indicated products manufactured during a two day period, on a single production line may have the potential for Salmonella contamination.
Medium. So far there have been no reports of pet or human illness associated with these products. Salmonella can sicken animals eating the products and there’s risk to humans from handling contaminated products, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the products or any surfaces exposed to these products.
WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- Dispose of any unused portion of the product. Keep on the lookout for signs of Salmonella.
- Call Pro-Pet at 1-888-765-4190 for further information. Customer service representatives will be available Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm CT.
Read the full announcement from the FDA.
Your pet may like one of these foods:
- Taste of the Wild Roasted Bison and Venison Dog Food
- Canidae All Life Stages Dry Dog Food
- Taste of the Wild Venison and Smoked Salmon Dry Cat Food
- Solid Gold Indigo Moon Dry Cat Food