Image source: pixabay.com/
We all know the psychological and physical benefits of aromatherapy. Just like how it is beneficial to us, they also provide various advantages to your canine. Natural oils contain powerful active compounds that are beneficial in the right doses. Before you administer any of these natural oils to your canine, consult your veterinarian for more information. Without further ado, here are the five natural oils that can benefit your canine:
- Cardamom oil The spice cardamom is known for having a positive impact on the respiratory and digestive system. The vast majority of veterinarians around the world understand the advantages of using cardamom oil for canines. It has the following advantages for your dog:
- Uplifts mood when feeling anxious or sullen
- Improves breathing/overall health of respiratory system
- Eases indigestion, maintains ideal balance of gastrointestinal system
- Makes stomach upsets more manageable
- Reduces the feeling of feeling overwhelmed
- Makes the environment more calming
Lavender oil is also beneficial if your dog is known to be aggressive
- Cedar-wood oil Also known as cedar oil, cedarwood oil has strong properties which kill and repels pests such as fleas and ticks. At the same time, it has the following advantages:
- Improves circulation of blood
- Reduces the effects of back pain and arthritis by reducing stiffness
- Increases the strength of kidneys significantly
- Lung antiseptic
- Has a calming effect
Cedarwood oil is perfect for canines that are aggressive due to nervousness. It is also ideal for canines that are timid or shy or have issues due to separation.
- Citronella oil Due to citronella oil’s ability to repel insects, it is quite popular in our world. Avoid using candles that have citronella oil as it can overpower your dog’s senses. Instead, it is always better to purchase natural citronella oil because it will be free of chemicals. To apply citronella oil on your dog, mix it with water and spray small amounts on your canine’s coat. Gently massage the oil through the coat for 10 minutes and your dog is good to go.
- Frankincense oil Although the potency of frankincense oil is not as high as all the other oils in this list, it is a brilliant all-rounder. It has a calming effect on your canine and improves the strength of its immunity system. Frankincense oil is also good at reducing anxiety.
- Lavender oil Out of all the natural oils in this list, lavender is extremely versatile. Lavender oil can have a calming effect on canines because it brings a sense of harmony and peace. It is soothing to the central nervous system of your dog. Lavender oil is also used to combat insomnia and allergies.
Use these five natural oils that are beneficial to your dog. If you have any queries, feel free to leave a comment below.