Image Credit –Pixabay
Every breed of dog is born differently, and the unique feature of a dog serves a specific purpose. While a dog with long dreadlocks protects the dog from harsh weather, their slender body lets them run fast. Based on the function they carry out, these dogs are separated into different groups such as terrier, hound, toy, sporting, non-sporting, and such. Most dogs with long ears are categorized as hound dogs, and they are bred primarily for hunting.
List of the ten most beautiful hounds flaunting long ears
- Basset Hound originated in France and are famous for their stubbornness and exceptionally long fluffy ears. They have a keen sense of smell, and they are ideal for hunting either alone or in a pack.
- Bloodhound is one of the oldest breeds of hounds and named for its status as royal and aristocrat, and great lengths were taken to keep this breed pure. Unlike their lazy looking face with droopy eyes and long ears, these dogs are very active and require plenty of activity.
- Black and tan Coonhound are easy-going and friendly dogs that are mellow by the fireside and, rough and rugged by the trail. They are hunters who work at night and need occasional grooming.
- Afghan Hound is a breed that screams elegance. Their bright coat on lean and agile body display nobility. They have a high prey drive, and you will need a leash while you walk them.
- English Cocker Spaniel is blessed with a cute and adorable face to go with its long ears. They are brilliant, friendly, and playful dogs, and are susceptible to separation anxiety.
- Its long coat characterizes Lhasa Apso. This breed is originally from Tibet and looks like a miniature version of old English Shepherd.
- Shih Tzu is in an intelligent and affectionate breed that is coupled with a beautiful coat. It is one of the most friendly and playful dogs that need constant attention from its human.
- Beagle is one of the most popular dog breeds that belong to the hound group. Their origin dates to the 5th century BC and have been favored by royalty. They are pack hunters and hence prefer the company of other dogs or humans.
- Standard Poodle is elegant, intelligent, and have a balanced character. They are a natural athlete and are very active. They are characterized into four varieties; toy, miniature, medium, and standard, and all four varieties share one feature, the long fluffy ears.
- Dachshund is one of the few breeds that everyone can easily recognize. Also called as sausage dogs, they have surprisingly long ears and an unusual shape. This breed of dogs is extremely energetic and surprisingly agile.
There are several other breeds of dogs with long and fluffy ears such as Irish Setters, Papillon, among others. These dogs are known for their striking ears that serve a purpose, and their general attitude.